SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGPro disconnecting from EQMod

blinky

Ive asked this on the SGPro forum but getting no answers - recently SGPro has started to disconnect from EQMod but PHD2 and Cartes Du Ciel keeps connected and guiding. Just wondering if anybody else has a similer issue?  Ive also just changed guide cam and to a Lynx astro EQMod cable but really think this is a software issue....

It does indeed appear to be the cable.... last night I could see timeouts coming through the log viewer portion/tab of eqmod with the newly bought lynx astro cable. This disappeared completely when swapping back over to my ancient shoestring astro cable, I sat and watched the screen like a hawk for 20 mins and not a single timeout. My guiding also massively improved, I suspect because commands were not being held up in a q waiting to get sent to the mount?

Will contact @flo this mmorning to see about returning the cable - I never expected it to be as simple as the cable as it does seem a high quality one but I do think I've proven it. I'm not using a hub to connect it to the laptop, just straight from mount to laptop.

Exactly, not a lot to them so surprised Im getting errors with it, FLO have said they either work or dont and each one is tested prior to dispatch, which would not have caught an intermittent fault such as this but I still feel its a software isue but no idea what/where!