SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 with a smart phone

wonderful clear skies tonight so had a go at M13 with my smartphone again. can clearly out the main center of the cluster as well as HIP 8184 at the top and HIP 81673 on the bottom left. roughly 10 minuets of exposure over 60 frames ISO 800. amazing what you can get with a phone most people have in their pockets.

m13 final1.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Gmx76 said:

Hi Swindan, nice, I'm just starting out and am also am using a Skywatcher Starquest 130p with Samsung Galaxy S9.  What eyepieces, filters are you using?

It's a 25mm wide field. No filters. So nothing fancy. Amazing what you can get with even basic stuff. 

6 hours ago, Swindan said:

managed to get this of M13 with my new 200p scope and smart phone

m13b final.jpg

Really good! The propeller is clear in that one. How many frames stacked for this one, the same?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Really good! The propeller is clear in that one. How many frames stacked for this one, the same?

It was 60 10 second frames again at ISO 800. I think the focus is better this time as well but the main improvement definatly comes from the upgrade in scope size.

• Like 1