Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first attempt M92

its out of focus and had to zoom into the final photo to get a better view of M92 but its mine and I took it so chuffed with myself. 1st attempt at astrophotography of a deep sky object. took 30 10 second exposures and stacked them to make the final. unfortunately I appear to have been slightly out of focus and needed to use a higher magnification eye piece so I don't have to zoom in afterwards. taken on a smart phone attached to a sky watcher 130p. can I hope for much better with a smart phone or do I really need to jump in and get a DSLR?

m92-final.jpg

• Like 4

Good picture considering its "only" from a phone. I don't think it is really possible to improve further, perhaps with planets or the orion nebula.

Really the best way for astrophotography is using a camera directly mounted to the scope (prime focus). This does introduce complexity and cost, but if it is something you enjoy, its worth looking at doing. :)

I would say practice a bit more with the phone and getting focus spot on, then consider a more dedicated camera.

You've done well getting a glob first up, so carry on and enjoy.