Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Needle Galaxy C14 Edge

Barv

Hi Guys

I thought I'd post this as I've not posted on this section before because I'm mainly a planetary imager.

There is around 5 hours 45 mins of data here, taken with a QHY8L OSC camera and the C14 with a reducer. Focal length was 2.7 metres. Comments and constructive criticism always welcomed, but I hope you enjoy it.

All the best

Harvey

NGC 4565.tiff

NGC 4565.jpeg

Edited by Barv
  • Like 34

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Radec said:

That is gorgeous! You are not just a planetary imager any more. One of the best amateur versions I've seen.

Thank you so much for the positive comment and encouragement Radec. I've done very little DS imaging, and with the lack of other comments I thought it couldn't have been very good! Really appreciate this

Regards

Harvey

21 hours ago, Barv said:

Thank you so much for the positive comment and encouragement Radec. I've done very little DS imaging, and with the lack of other comments I thought it couldn't have been very good! Really appreciate this

Regards

Harvey

It's funny how some glorious images just don't get the recognition they deserve on many forums. This is not only an excellent capture, but it's very sympathetically processed too. Not overly aggressive or forced. It shows the value of good data in the first place, that requires sensitive processing rather than 'pushing'. What software did you run it through?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Radec said:

It's funny how some glorious images just don't get the recognition they deserve on many forums. This is not only an excellent capture, but it's very sympathetically processed too. Not overly aggressive or forced. It shows the value of good data in the first place, that requires sensitive processing rather than 'pushing'. What software did you run it through?

Hi Radek, thanks once again. Main processing was done in Pixin, with a little bit in Astra Image. 

• 6 months later...

Tut tut.  Don't you know we are not supposed to image at those focal lengths according to AP gurus!  Very nice image from a fellow C14 deep sky imager.  And yes such images are more than possible from the UK.

• Like 1