Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EP1 - Sunday, 24th May 2020 8pm BST - Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards

Grant

Zoom details for tonights meeting below. You do not need a Zoom account to participate, just join the Zoom meeting using the details below.

We will open the meeting at 8pm BST and kick off the introduction shortly after.

Topic: StarGaZine - Episode 1 - Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards
Time: May 24, 2020 08:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/95805037947?pwd=Vjd6SERLT1RMZUErSjE5VTU0RDR2Zz09

Meeting ID: 958 0503 7947
Password: 034886

• Thanks 5

that's a risk in publicly giving out meeting details that "unexpected/undesirable" input could ensue, might have been better to issue via PM/email to those who've registered an interest perhaps?

5 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

that's a risk in publicly giving out meeting details that "unexpected/undesirable" input could ensue, might have been better to issue via PM/email to those who've registered an interest perhaps?

Undesirables can muted/kicked off easily on zoom Dave. I shouldn’t think it’ll be a problem. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

That's why we've created a new 'StarGaZine' forum area, visible only to members to post this in.

It doesn't eliminate the risk but it's not much worse than handing out the details individually as there is nothing to stop them posting it elsewhere.

We will also have people on hand to moderate and all participants will be muted during the talks and possibly have cameras de-activated - we shall see how it goes.

• Like 2

Looking forward to it. I’d never heard of zoom before lockdown, been on a few family related ones since and my wife has done a few with her choir.

Edited by TerryMcK

Hi' I'm hoping to watch this evening, I do have a question - Would it be advisable for people watching to have their microphone's muted during the talk? this would allow the speaker to talk without any interruption of background sounds.

Keith.      

16 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Missed it :(

Is it recorded anywhere?

I will be keeping an eye out for these :)

Someone definitely mentioned in the other thread that they would be recorded and made available afterwards, but I'm not sure there's been any more information about that yet.

James

• Thanks 1

Fantastic evening. Huge thanks to steve for his detailed presentation and Q&A and a huge thanks to Daz and grant for putting on a great show. Thanks to FLO for making it happen. Rill on next week :)

On 30/05/2020 at 08:39, Mick J said:

If we get Nik Szymanek on drums Steve on keyboards, heading in the right direction ? 

My keyboard skills are not much better than my bagpipe skills so this may not be the right direction 😱

• Like 1

• 9 months later...