Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

CloudMagnet

Sadr Region with ZWO 071

Hello,

I think this will be the last image I will be able to capture before the nights get longer again. For once, everything seemed to go well, no cloud, wind, dew or moon to contend with :).

Final image is a total of 36x 240s exposures totaling 2hr 24min. Taken with Skywatcher 200p scope (900mm focal length with reducer), EQ5 mount and ZWO ASI071MC Pro with Optolong L-eNhance dual narrowband filter. Guided on PHD2, stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

I was suprised at just how much faint detail and structure showed after a relatively short exposure time. What I like most about the image is how long you can look at it and still spot some detail you missed before- lovely part of the sky. The way it turned out makes it look like the darker part in the center is a river running through the picture. Hopefully will be able to add more data later on in the year :) .

Any feedback would be welcome!

502416717_Sadrregionv4LQ.thumb.jpg.fdf5a8acd0850aa2adfc48907f5794a1.jpg

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Now managed to reprocess it with a bit more time and effort, I honestly think that a lot of the fun in this hobby is trying to extract 100% from the picture you have taken rather than settling for "it looks good so i'll stop"

Not sure which one I prefer now I look at them :)

1842024547_Sadrregiond3v2.thumb.jpg.487b4e7bc9bb8a38035b674bb6c2f309.jpg

Edited by CloudMagnet
  • Like 2