SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Doncaster England

Nikodn

Hi I always go as Niko online and I am new to astronomy and stargazing.

I have recently acquired a pair of 12×42 binoculars and a C70 Mini Mak Spotting Scope. There should be enough kit here to get me started and see where things go from here.
Just thought I would introduce myself as a new member of the forum I’ve been on here just for a couple of days now and already made a couple of posts. 

Hi Niko, and welcome. I only live a few miles from Doncaster and I must say that when I look in your direction the light pollution is quite bad, but don’t let that put you off. My wife and I were observing till about 2am this Wednesday/Thursday and there are plenty of great targets well above the Doncaster sky-glow. If you haven’t got already, get SkySafari for your phone or tablet, there’s a free version or paid for version and you will be amazed at what there is to view at the moment.
Dean.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DeanCJ said:

Hi Niko, and welcome. I only live a few miles from Doncaster and I must say that when I look in your direction the light pollution is quite bad, but don’t let that put you off. My wife and I were observing till about 2am this Wednesday/Thursday and there are plenty of great targets well above the Doncaster sky-glow. If you haven’t got already, get SkySafari for your phone or tablet, there’s a free version or paid for version and you will be amazed at what there is to view at the moment.
Dean.

Hi Dean.  I am DN9 Postcode which is the Isle of axleholme. The light pollution here is probably a lot better than actually in Doncaster itself. I’ll check out Sky Safari thanks.