Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Mis Sold item


Recommended Posts

Well it’s a civil matter, not a criminal matter so if you want to go that far, you will need to speak to a solicitor regarding court proceedings  but I think that would be a last resort, 

Edited by Jiggy 67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i believe if it is a private sale then there is little to be done apart from appealing to the seller to put things right, if you get no joy from the seller you might be able to message a moderator but i don`t think they get involved in sales anymore, also as john says, if you paid via paypal you might be able to re claim your money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

would sound more like small claims rather than a solicitor, else you'll have nothing after fees unless you can get those allocated to the seller's side. You'd like to hope a good solicitor would advise that if the value is low-ish but it may help to get a solicitor's letter to jolt the other side to co-operate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about this Paul, you do have some bad luck!

SGL won’t get involved in transactions either on here, ABS or other sites, it is a private matter between buyer and seller.

I can only recommend ensuring you get pictures of the kit you are buying, speak to the seller to be sure they are genuine, and use Paypal paying the fees in order to have some protection.

I would not think it worth taking to any kind of legal resolution as I imagine the cost was relatively low. Probably best to resell it on with a clear description, chalk it up to experience and avoid the seller in future.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I went to pay with PayPal I put £50 In but it changed it to $58+ USD he refunded that then said pay by bank transfer, I am sure he manovered it this way so I would have no redress. 

It was not bought on SGL I have never had any problems buying items from here. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 If the seller is not playing fair, then you must decide what price you are prepared to commit to get personal satisfaction. If the value is small compared to potential legal costs, then what price for the moral principle. Don’t underestimate the frustration and anxiety any legal action will generate.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

When I went to pay with PayPal I put £50 In but it changed it to $58+ USD he refunded that then said pay by bank transfer, I am sure he manovered it this way so I would have no redress. 

It was not bought on SGL I have never had any problems buying items from here. 

Was it bought from the US?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Sorry to hear about this Paul, you do have some bad luck!

SGL won’t get involved in transactions either on here, ABS or other sites, it is a private matter between buyer and seller.

I can only recommend ensuring you get pictures of the kit you are buying, speak to the seller to be sure they are genuine, and use Paypal paying the fees in order to have some protection.

I would not think it worth taking to any kind of legal resolution as I imagine the cost was relatively low. Probably best to resell it on with a clear description, chalk it up to experience and avoid the seller in future.

I got pictures Stu and it looked like a EQ6 Tripod all together with the spreader plate showing some paint missing as described, when it turned up no spreader bolt no north pin if that's what you call it and when I put the adaptor plate on it did not fit, I then went on Google and found it wasn't even a EQ6 Tripod. 

Really hacked me off I know it's £50 but how much am I going sell that for now with parts missing. This is what was sent 

20200522_105633.jpg

20200522_105626.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I got pictures Stu and it looked like a EQ6 Tripod all together with the spreader plate showing some paint missing as described, when it turned up no spreader bolt no north pin if that's what you call it and when I put the adaptor plate on it did not fit, I then went on Google and found it wasn't even a EQ6 Tripod. 

Really hacked me off I know it's £50 but how much am I going sell that for now with parts missing. This is what was sent 

20200522_105633.jpg

20200522_105626.jpg

Shame. To be fair the pictures show that it’s not an EQ6 tripod as the head is different, and no spreader plate or bolt. However I guess if you’ve not seen one before you might not know.

I don’t reckon you would lose too much selling it on, as £50 isn’t a bad price, perhaps a tenner or so. My advice is save yourself any stress and just let it go. It’s just not worth it and very hard to resolve in the current climate.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Shame. To be fair the pictures show that it’s not an EQ6 tripod as the head is different, and no spreader plate or bolt. However I guess if you’ve not seen one before you might not know.

I don’t reckon you would lose too much selling it on, as £50 isn’t a bad price, perhaps a tenner or so. My advice is save yourself any stress and just let it go. It’s just not worth it and very hard to resolve in the current climate.

These are my pictures the ones he sent where different I've got the spreader plate. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Image isn't showing for me either.

If it was originally sold as coming with the pin and all the bolts then the seller is at fault. Small claims court might be a faff but if you have time could be worth it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Stu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.