SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi folks,

I've been seeing tear drop shape stars with the EdgeHd 8 and ZWO ASI294MC Pro camera, so I verified the collimation. I'm using a celestron x0.7 reducer.

Does collimation needs to be checked  with an eyepiece or with the camera and with or without reducer? I'm asking since I verified my collimation yesterday and couldn't see the concentric rings with the complete imaging train (ASI294MC, OAG, and x0.7 reducer). It was only showing the inner shadow and outer circle. I than  replaced the AS294MC with my guide cam (ASI120) which has a much smaller sensor and could see many rings. While, to my view, it seems to be collimated, it's strange that I can't see the rings with the main imaging cam. Any thoughts? Here's how I left the collimation after some adjustments with the guide cam.

199562042_JAV_EdgeHD8Colimation2020-05-17223306.thumb.jpg.519de331400f011f997d8ea240c0d008.jpg

Kind regards,

Jairo