Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 Lock-Down Special

Nick Smith

Hi all

As you may know, the beginning of the Coronavirus lockdown in the UK coincided with a spell of decent weather,  Taken between the 15th and 22nd April.  LRGB image, a total of 24,8 hours exposure.  Under my carpy skies could do with a lot more, but have to draw the line somewhere!

The first image is a crop of the larger field from the Esprit 150.  Camera ZWO ASI1600mm.

M101 LRGB crop.png

918545474_M101LRGB07052020v2.thumb.png.e67b8588cda09fc5b9747f4800b0d6c3.png

M101 LRGB 07052020.png

Edited by Nick Smith
  • Like 15

Thanks Carole.  Bortle 5 according to Clear Outside, and I think that is about right,  Maybe borderline 6.  I have the normal local stuff (including my own house!) to deal with.   If you have a similar field of view to mine, I would give it a go.  The Moon/general sky conditions were a much bigger factor than the local light pollution.   I found a big difference between 4 and 7 hours luminance in smoothing out the image,   All-in-all it did take a LOT longer than I though to get what I did!!

Cheers

Nick