Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Simulators Profile - Ekos

Doug64

Hi,

Whilst learning to use Astroberry on my laptop, I ended up setting up a number of Simulators Profiles in Ekos.  Now that I've hopefully got all my equipment working I was wondering if there is a way to remove some of these profiles as I cannot remove or edit them as they appear to be locked.

I'm just trying to tidy up the profile list in Ekos.

Thanks

Doug  

3 hours ago, wornish said:

Probably best to make sure EKOS is not actually connected to any while you do the deletion.

Yes, forgot to say to turn off INDI. You should then be able to delete.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I've tried hitting the minus button and it doesn't work, for some reason simulator profiles appear to be locked.

I'll live with them for now it would have been nice to tidy everything up.

Doug

Edited by Doug64

Ekos certainly does have a few bits of weirdness.

Wanted to take some flats the other night after an imaging session and it kept trying to calibrate them starting at 15 minutes !!!

Found out that you have to turn off INDI then restart it.

On 26/05/2020 at 23:12, wimvb said:

The simulator profile can not be deleted in Ekos, because it is used for development purposes. "It's a feature, not a bug."

Hi,

I set up my own profile and called it Simulator and this profile can't be removed even though I set it up.  

Doug

https://indilib.org/forum/ekos/2602-simulator-profiles-not-removable.html

May be of interest. I don't know the background for this decision. Maybe Ekos needs a profile present at first startup. But you can create a profile that is not called "simulator", and edit that. Eg, "myTestProfile". Just populate that with simulator drivers. It's also possible to mix "real" hardware drivers with simulator drivers for test purposes.

12 hours ago, wimvb said:

https://indilib.org/forum/ekos/2602-simulator-profiles-not-removable.html

May be of interest. I don't know the background for this decision. Maybe Ekos needs a profile present at first startup. But you can create a profile that is not called "simulator", and edit that. Eg, "myTestProfile". Just populate that with simulator drivers. It's also possible to mix "real" hardware drivers with simulator drivers for test purposes.

Thanks,

Once I realised I could not get rid of the simulator profiles I then did as you suggested and labelled them up as 'Test' and then I could p[lay around with my equipment etc and delete at the end.

Unfortunately I'm left with a couple of Simulator Profiles, I'll just have to live with them, a small price to pay for a great bit of software.

Doug 

I believe that profiles and such are kept in a small sql database, which can be edited. If you feel like it... Personally I wouldn't bother, and keep the simulators to test new configurations and for troubleshooting.