SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

sme wifi spotting scope camera

Hi I am new to astronomy and currently use my iPhone with the nexyz phone holder to take photos but saw this WiFi camera the sme wifi spotting scope camera. 
has anyone used this for taking photos of the moon/sun stars etc. Is it worth the purchase?.

I am using a skywatcher mak 127 

regards 

Matt

Edited by Knighter

Very low grade camera and nowhere near as good as the camera in the iPhone. Intended for daytime use on a spotting scope where it’s shortcomings won’t be so obvious.

Edited by johninderby

25 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Very low grade camera and nowhere near as good as the camera in the iPhone. Intended for daytime use on a spotting scope where it’s shortcomings won’t be so obvious.

Ah ok thanks for replying and letting me know. Do you know of any WiFi camera that would do the job as well?. 

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

There isn’t much in the way of WiFi astro cameras. The Bresser WiFi camera is OK but won’t give as good images as an astro camera with a USB connection. An OK starter camera.

https://www.bresseruk.com/bresser-wifi-camera-1-3mp-1-25.html

Ok that’s great I guess I want to get a cheaper one to start with to see how I get on. Do you think it would give better images than my iPhone or the same would be good enough. I have have the iPhone 10 so the camera is pretty good. 
thanks again for replying 

Matt

I did try one of the Bresser cameras and it did work OK although think the iPhone would give higher resolution images. Would be good with say an iPad or laptop though as an intoduction to imaging. 

Lunar image I took with smartphone.

BA53C3C4-63FB-4B22-913C-08AB7BDC3A7A.jpeg

Wow that’s a great photo I took one of the sun with my iPhone (attached)   Looking forward to getting some photos of the moon I guess for the price of the Bresser I can swap and change them as and when. If I get get similar quality of the iPhone as an entry level I would be happy with it. 
Thanks again for replying 

Matt 

C222B6BF-BAED-41A8-85C8-43B644B72172.jpeg