Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registar Rosette Redone.

ollypenrice

I risk boring you all daft with this image but there are things you might like to know about Registar. My original post was disapointing on one of its two panels because of an indifferent sky. Then I realized that I had a widefield luminosity stack taken with the ZS66. Could Registar overlay this onto the Ha of my mosaic? Could it ever! No problem. This has allowed me to tighten up some of the weaker areas in the original. I have gone for the more familiar colour rendition this time since I had lum as well as Ha. 11.5 hours of exposure in all. Blimey.

You can also take a widefield in a small scope and drop a Hi Res 'Interesting bit' onto it. How good is that?

Olly.

post-15040-133877352452_thumb.jpg

I have heard of Registar but it is quite expensive but it will match up different results with different optics including matching any distortions, allowing a super collection to give even more contrast - digital technology is wonderful when it works.

A very deep image of a big target nicely handled.

Registar is $149... about £100... How much do we spend on scopes, cameras etc...?

When imaging the Software should be consider to be another component in the "train" and a pretty vital one at that...

As it converts all those 0's and 1's into more o's and 1's which we can then admire on our monitors ... or print out for posterity...

Billy...

Hey Olly, that looks great. Real depth.

I din't know registar would deal with distortions caused by differnt optical trains. That's where maxim fails.

Very very interesting :hello2:

Cheers

Rob

Archived