Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problems with Lynx astro EQDir Cable

blinky

I ordered a Lynx Astro EQMod/Dir cable from FLO a few weeks ago but I seem to be having issues with it....  Its on Com7 (just in case that matters!) and every so often it looses connection to EQMod, or rather EQMod reports it's lost connection to the mount.  I assume its only momentary as the symptoms are things like when parking it will suddenly decide it is parked, at some random point in the sky. When doing drift alignment tonight, it was like the mount suddenly started moving in RA, I could hear the motors tone change and the star started moving, I clicked stop in PHD2 then started drifting again and it was fine for a while then it happened again - PHD2 reports no errors talking to the mount.  It does not do it all the time though, but this has only started happening since I changed from an old Shoestring astro cable and USB to serial converter, was rock solid before!  If i look in the status window of EQMod I can see it reporting communication errors, which I've never seen before with the old cable.

Do you think I have a faulty cable?  Im not getting any windows errors, not getting the USB disconnected bing bong in Windows etc but something is not right - ideas? I dont want to go back to FLO and ask for a replacement till I've spoken to folks on here and gathered some opinions!

Edited by blinky

Found the log file after much searching!  There is a button on the log window in eqmod that says save to file but does not tell you the location of the file!  Its in here: %appdata%/eqmod

• 4 months later...
On 21/05/2020 at 03:13, blinky said:

I ordered a Lynx Astro EQMod/Dir cable from FLO a few weeks ago but I seem to be having issues with it....  Its on Com7 (just in case that matters!) and every so often it looses connection to EQMod, or rather EQMod reports it's lost connection to the mount.  I assume its only momentary as the symptoms are things like when parking it will suddenly decide it is parked, at some random point in the sky. When doing drift alignment tonight, it was like the mount suddenly started moving in RA, I could hear the motors tone change and the star started moving, I clicked stop in PHD2 then started drifting again and it was fine for a while then it happened again - PHD2 reports no errors talking to the mount.  It does not do it all the time though, but this has only started happening since I changed from an old Shoestring astro cable and USB to serial converter, was rock solid before!  If i look in the status window of EQMod I can see it reporting communication errors, which I've never seen before with the old cable.

Do you think I have a faulty cable?  Im not getting any windows errors, not getting the USB disconnected bing bong in Windows etc but something is not right - ideas? I dont want to go back to FLO and ask for a replacement till I've spoken to folks on here and gathered some opinions!

Did you solve this issue ? 

I have the exact same problem

13 hours ago, blinky said:

Nope, ended up sending it back, tried 2 cables and they were both the same. Dont know what the problem is, I still suspect its a windows or driver issue rather than a problem with the cable.

I sent an email to FLO, checking if they ever heard about this issue. Will wait for them to respond. 

I'm going to increase the Baud to 115200, changing the USB power management configurations, and hope for the best. 

FLO has offered to refund me for the cable, but I had to check few last things - Issue seems to be resolved :

1. connected the cable to a USB2.0 port (the other port was a working USB 3.0, confirmed nothing is wrong with it)

2. In device manager ->  port settings ->  Advanced :
          -> Receive (Bytes) lowered to 2048 

-> Transmit (Bytes) lowered to 2048 

7 hours session no disconnects

• 2 months later...