Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

Alan White

Celestron Ultima Pseudo Masuyama 18mm

Posted (edited)

I am looking for some Celestron Pseudo Masamyamas to see how we get on.
Has anyone got some available at all to offer.
Looking for a 18mm one, but if you have others I may also be interested.

955334-25.jpg.9c55ec2e7c359bbed187b5664fbd85c3.jpg

Revised my want as found a 12.5mm one now.

Edited by Alan White
typos of course
  • Like 1

Just edited, cannot spell Masuyama can I, now changed!
Still looking if anyone can assist please.

Hi Al,

You might want to edit your other Ad, otherwise you can have all of mine for that price.....:grin:

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Hi Al,
You might want to edit your other Ad, otherwise you can have all of mine for that price.....:grin:

Thanks Steve, I have no idea how that did that as i put the correct band in, must be my thumbs.
and High Blood pressure from work today.
Corrected now. 

Edited by Alan White

12 minutes ago, NGC 1502 said:

Hmmmm, tenner less, but they do seem to hold their price.....

Ed.

Yes but no box .... however japanese optics will always hold their value 

• Like 1

I was contacted by the seller of the one at RVO to say he chopped one in with them.

Hoping for a private sale on this as a trial of the EP type.

Thanks for the pointers chaps.

• Like 1

Hi Alan. Not in anyway trying to interfere but how about TV Plossls ?  Small / lightweight / top quality, parfocal with other 1.25” TV eyepieces.

The only one of those I’ve looked through that I didn’t like was the 8mm with tight eyerelief. Apart from that a great series of eyepieces.

Ed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, NGC 1502 said:

Hi Alan. Not in anyway trying to interfere but how about TV Plossls ?  Small / lightweight / top quality, parfocal with other 1.25” TV eyepieces.

The only one of those I’ve looked through that I didn’t like was the 8mm with tight eye relief. Apart from that a great series of eyepieces.

Ed.

I have had and still do have a TV Plossl Ed, as you suggest another option and a very good one too, thank you.
But in this instance, I am after the slightly longer eye relief and the fifth element for this trial.
These may replace the DeLites to free some more mount funds, so getting it right is very important.

Edited by Alan White
typos of course
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Alan White said:

I have had do have TV Plossl Ed, as you suggest another option and a very good one too, thank you.
But in this instance, I am after the slightly longer eye relief and the fifth element for this trial.
These may replace the DeLites to free some more mount funds, so getting it right is very important.

Ok Alan I can certainly understand that reasoning.  The 11 & 15mm TV Plossl eyerelief is only adequate for me, but not wonderful.  The TV Plossl 20mm through to the 40mm are fine for me.   I recall you have the TV 32mm Plossl as I do, a great low power for 1.25” focusers.  Many would suggest the 24 Panoptic for that role but some find the ER not adequate for spectacles.  No problem for me but I prefer my Vixen 22 LVW.

You may recall I recently re-acquired a 22 LVW. I was a bit disappointed when it arrived to find it was a 1st generation LVW, these needed much more infocus than the 2nd generation. But I made an adapter to make it parfocal with my TV eyepieces, so it’s all good 👍   Also fitted my 27 & 35 Panoptics with parfocal rings and did the same with my Vixen 4mm LV, so now all my eyepieces are parfocal.

You may wonder about my obsession with the above, it’s partly because I’m starting to construct another scope that will have a 2” helical focuser, these can be a right royal pain if used with a range of very non-parfocal eyepieces requiring lots of turns of the fine threads.

And speaking of threads - please excuse my “thread drift” from your original post 😳

Regards from Ed.

• Like 1

I weakened and bought the 12.5mm one from ENS.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Nice one Alan.

Nothing wrong with a bit of weakness once in a while😀 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alan White said:

Yes, been there done that myself.   I’ve found ENS to be reliable with descriptions, so sometimes it can be worthwhile paying top money for a top product.

You could barlow the 18mm for 9mm equivalent and the 12.5 for approximately 6mm.......and retain adequate eye relief.

Combined with the 32 Plossl thats a complete set.

Ed.

• Like 1