Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from north Wales

Daf1983

Hello everyone. 

I have always been fascinated with the skies, and during the last year I have started observing with binoculars and have really enjoyed getting to know the night sky.

I have wanted a telescope since I was a child, and have finally taken the plunge and ordered a skywatcher dobsonian 200p. I'm still awaiting this because of the delays due to the coronavirus, but can't wait to get started!

I have been trawling these forums recently and have learned so much from knowledgeable people on here, so I thought it was time I said hello.

Cheers

Dafydd

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL  Dafydd. If astronomy is your love, then you couldn't have better that
join this great group of learned people.  Your knowledge will grow quickly here, and all the help and assistance 
you might need is right here for you, all you do is ask your questions, and the answers will follow quickly.
Hope you enjoy your new way of life. 
Ron.

Edited by barkis

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm glad that a lot of you approve of the 200p as a starter scope, I chose this mainly after reading comments on here.

I have also just received an email from FLO saying my telescope is being delivered tomorrow(after a wait of over a month with the coronavirus), so I am hoping for a cloud free weekend!🙂  

• Like 1