Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Would you believe it?

Bukko

Checking over my scope and noticed something on the window of the WO finder.

It took me a minute to realise a snail had climbed up and made it its home...IMG_0046.thumb.jpg.957b56e67bae0ed2bcc57dd325daed8a.jpg

I am impressed.

IMG_0047.thumb.jpg.11af616920e80d55f6c2e3a3ed0e5499.jpg

The snail must have somehow climbed into the dome , climbed up the pier, up the mount, onto the scope  and then up to the finder.

Unless it climbed to the top and abseiled down or something...

Gordon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

That is pretty bizarre :)

I'd not noticed in any of your previous photos, but how come the mount doesn't sit flush with the blue plate on top of the pier?

James

Swapped out the NEQ6 with a HEQ5 and changed the 12" OOUK for the WO 110FLT to get some wider FOV targets.

The baseplate on the HEQ5 is a bit smaller and took a little bit of fettling to make it fit. Well noticed !

Gordon.

Ahhh.  Someone used to make one that could be flipped over.  One side fitted the NEQ6 and the other the HEQ5.  That would have been handy.  Sadly I can't recall who it was now though.

James

It might flip but I didn't try. Only took 5 mins to sort it out.

I was so surprised to see a snail there, here in France, they might have evolved to hide... haha

Gordon.

• Like 1