SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sentimental eyepieces

Ags

On 19/05/2020 at 18:57, markse68 said:

and this funny old 25-30mm ish military ep I picked up on eBay which is great for scanning the sky trying to find faint fuzzies. It has a huge field- not perfect but pretty awesome

A91B7F3A-EE62-4BBF-AC96-F05CFAC51983.png

D0089052-640A-4484-B77E-E82829357A8D.png

Hello 

Was the military EP easy to adapt for use in a focuser? is it being used in a 1 1/4" unit

Thanks

Simon

Edited by Darkmatter
content

7 minutes ago, Darkmatter said:

Hello 

Was the military EP easy to adapt for use in a focuser? is it being used in a 1 1/4" unit

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, it’s 2”- has a pretty huge 80 deg or so afov. I had to turn an adapter which is just a press fit over the eyepiece’s fine threads and an o-ring

Mark

29 minutes ago, markse68 said:

Hi Simon, it’s 2”- has a pretty huge 80 deg or so afov. I had to turn an adapter which is just a press fit over the eyepiece’s fine threads and an o-ring

Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for that, I have just bought one of these so will find someone to make me an adapter or I can have a go on my Dad's lathe, do you know off hand the thread diameter? I will search out a suitable bit of Ali metal.

Thanks

Simon

40 minutes ago, Darkmatter said:

Hi Mark, thanks for that, I have just bought one of these so will find someone to make me an adapter or I can have a go on my Dad's lathe, do you know off hand the thread diameter? I will search out a suitable bit of Ali metal.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

oh cool- hope you like it!

Here's the dimensions I made the adapter too- I was going to use 3 grub screws but it was such a snug fit I didn't bother

Mark

Military eyepiece adapter.jpg

• Thanks 1