Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Please tell me it isn't just me with cloud

MartinB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh hum another clearish night in the offin'g... better try and make the most of it...

George makes a voodoo doll of Psychobillyand starts sticking pins in :laughing2: :laughing2:

Sorry guys (and dolls)... some really nice meteros as well.... i'm just digging adeeper hole aint I ....

I'll get my coat....

Cos its blimmin freezing outside under clear skies :)

Billy....

Its been the same here Martin (Tamworth staffs). It did actually clear last night and it was crystal but i was stuck in the house as my partner was on a blumming night shift and i have a 2 year old!!!!! Tonights SUPPOSED to be ok but so far nothing!!!!! I keep looking out of the window in hope though!!!

PC :)

Transparency is pretty porr so have temp closed up the obs ... hopefully it will clear like it did lastnight around 2 am... so will grab some ugly and look again later....

The first trials of guiding the 8" via the Megrez 72 are ok-ish nice round satrs but a brighter ones are a bit bloated..... need to sort out an arangment of adaptors to get focus on the guidecam without using a diagonal and also think that the SCT is better at f6.3 with the DSLR's really. Has nearly an hour on M1 and 15 mins on M81 to check image scale etc... M1 really needs the Modded DSLR as it's Pretty bland from the 1000D.

Ah well thats what tonight was all about ... oh and capturing a rather noisy Luna-x...

Billy...

Comforting to know a handful of you have had similar experiences. Confirms that the great majority have had at least some clear sky over the past 3 weeks. I'm very pleased for you :) Thick cloud again last night :p

Dudley was part-way decent last night, and usually it is Cloudsville. There was some haze, but there was always some part of the sky which was really clear. Took my scope to my mum and step-dad's, and they had some real 'ooh' and 'ahh' moments looking at the moon and Orion nebula. Could have been worse!

Really cloudy this morning, though, which does not bode well....

Cloudy and a few light flurries of snow so have just stripped the scopes from observatory.... the cables will need to thaw out a bit before it gets packed away though...and the optics coem back to room temp and dry off before they cased up....

I Can't complain though really...

Would be nice to also have it clear on Wed from about 16:20 through to 19:10 according to the simulation in Stellarium... 17:18 through to about 18:25 look about the best...

Billy...

Managed to get a quick look at the moon late afternoon, but then the clouds came back. Being a novice it can be a bit disheartening, but at least i am getting to read the forums and my Astro books, so I am learning, if not seeing :)

Regards

Kath

Another night of 100% cloud here again!!! :crybaby: Its going to clear at about 3am!!!! So it`ll be beautiful clear skies when i get up!!! I`m keen and i`ve been known to stay up till 3am on a work day but thats when i can get started earlier!!!! Rest of the week looks pants as well...... :crybaby: :x

PC :crybaby:

Martin, I know what you mean, I havent had a really GOOD clear night since Kelling. The nights it has been clear its also been murky.

I had an awesome start to the holidays in herefordshire, but the skies only lasted for about an hour, shame because the sky there was like bitumen, and the Milky way as bright, if not bright than Kelling.

Its a real shame to see a whole patch of high pressure dominating the UK, and still not have clear skies :hello2: But we are all mad keen to see you get some piccies from that FSQ too, so that probably isnt helping the new kit skies to recover!!

TJ

Sorry Martin but lovely clear night sky here in North Somerset last night. A small amount of cloudy came, but that soon went. Could see all the stars in Ursa Minor clearly with the naked eye. Did get cold though.

Hope your skies clear soon

phillc :wave:

Came close to Refractor Rage last night -

Three times the sky cleared, I hauled out the equipment, set-up and got ready to capture...just as a complete front on cloud rolled in.

On the third go I finally got everything set up then found that my drive wasn't tracking - think one of the motors may have burned out :hello2:

At this point, I was ready give up everything :crybaby:

Tony

Archived