Narrowband

Atik GP - Mac - Kstars

Hi

Does anyone know how to get an Atik GP working as a guide cam on a Mac using KStars. 

I can't seem to get it working under Indi, maybe I'm not picking the right option with Atik CCD, and I can't get Indigo to talk to Kstars whilst keeping the Mount control etc (I can only get the camera).

I'm sure there must be a way, but there is so little I can find on how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Chris

That seems somewhat unclear. There are things that say it's supported under the Atik driver, and suggestions that it's a rebranded Point Grey Chameleon, but what Indi Driver I'm supposed to use for that I have no idea. Indigo registers it with an IIDC driver. Unfortunately using a mix of Indi and Indigo services is beyond my technical capability without some good instructions anyway. 

OK, set up a new profile with just your guide camera.

Plug camera into computer.

Let it run through detection process.

If nothing then change the baud rate to 115000 and let it run again.

Yes, hit the play button. That should open up the INDI Control Panel. At the top are tabs showing which equipment is in your profile that it is trying to connect to.

At the bottom there is a log showing what it is doing. Wait for the log to stop. The baud rate will be on the tab for your camera, drop down menu shows different rates.

Change the rate and click connect and let it run. Hopefully it will cycle through all the port and baud rate options until it connects.

2 hours ago, ChrisIS said:

I selected FireFly MV the camera seems to work.

Ah, yes, that would make sense.  The Atik GP is actually a Point Grey Chameleon in new clothes and it uses exactly the same interface as the Firefly.

James

• 1 month later...

Even then it wasn't the right driver, my solution to the camera the manufacturer advertises as compatible, by a raspberry Pi and run it using the PI as a server. It's actually a really neat solution. Pi via ethernet and I can image from my Mac laptop over wifi from anywhere. 

5 hours ago, ChrisIS said:

Pi via ethernet and I can image from my Mac laptop over wifi from anywhere. 

This is what I need before winter comes but I've no idea about programming, Terminal etc. Do you use Astroberry or the Stellarmate as server ?

• 2 weeks later...

Stellarmate, I'm not a programmer, it was so much easier than I was expecting. I've been using Kstars/EKOS for a while so I didn't need to learn the software. But it was literally 30 mins to set the Pi up following the tutorials online.
Sure it costs more than Astroberry, but it was so simple and it works.

• Thanks 1