Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sadre and NGC 6910 100D and 150 Pds

7 minutes ago, wimvb said:

I just have to ask, how do you get those long and narrow star spikes? I never managed that with my 150PDS. 

Great image.

I have no idea! I always get that with bright stars. Sometimes its a nuisance because you get long spikes from stars that are not even in the image 😲😲 .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice shot, I'm looking to get a 150pds too, and I'm wondering if you used a coma corrector on that shot, and which one if you did. I'm doing some research to be sure to get the proper gear, and I start getting very confused about that part.

On 23/06/2020 at 22:26, GiovanniF said:

Nice shot, I'm looking to get a 150pds too, and I'm wondering if you used a coma corrector on that shot, and which one if you did. I'm doing some research to be sure to get the proper gear, and I start getting very confused about that part.

Thanks Giovanni,

Yes, I used the Badder MPCC. You can get the Skywatcher one as well though I have only used the Baader one.

Stay safe! 

1 hour ago, StargeezerTim said:

Thanks Giovanni,

Yes, I used the Badder MPCC. You can get the Skywatcher one as well though I have only used the Baader one.

Stay safe! 

Thank you Tim,

I've heard so many bad reviews about the reflections with the skywatcher one, so at least now I can see with my eyes how the MPCC works on the same rig, definitely the way to go.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice image! Do you guys mind if I ask you what equipment would I need in order to attached a DSLR camera onto the telescope? I just bought a 150 pds myself, and I would like to try some AP in the near future, so I am wondering what I would need. Is this T-ring enough, or is there anything else (excluding more fancy stuff like the coma corrector)?

Thanks!

Capture147.JPG

21 hours ago, wimvb said:

The t-ring will screw into the coma corrector. That should be enough. Without a cc, you will need a nosepiece that can slide into the focuser drawtube

Thanks for the reply. I was a bit confused because in the website of FLO for the 150 pds they say that you would only need either a t-ring, or a coma corrector and a t-ring (but apparently of a different type of thread I guess), so I was wondering about the other metal piece that goes into the focuser that you mentioned, as I have seen on youtube some people using two pieces instead of only a t-ring... Since we are at it, would you say the coma corrector is a must for AP using this scope?

Thanks again!

4 minutes ago, Denys said:

Since we are at it, would you say the coma corrector is a must for AP using this scope?

Definitely. I have a Baader coma corrector with mine.

• Thanks 1