Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M61 supernova last night

• 3 months later...

It's astonishing how bright supernovas are. I've been reading about them recently and was floored by the fact that they emit so many neutrinos (that almost never interact with matter), that the expanding shell is propelled outward BY THOSE NEUTRINOS. The sheer scale and magnitude of almost every aspect of a SN is just incredible. 

• Like 1

Nice capture!

On 31/08/2020 at 04:22, MKHACHFE said:

It's astonishing how bright supernovas are. I've been reading about them recently and was floored by the fact that they emit so many neutrinos (that almost never interact with matter), that the expanding shell is propelled outward BY THOSE NEUTRINOS. The sheer scale and magnitude of almost every aspect of a SN is just incredible. 

They can outshine entire galaxies, as in the case of SN2020rcq in UGC 6930, which peaked at mag 11.8 whereas the galaxy is listed alternatively as mag 12.1 or mag 13

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 11:35, baggywrinkle said:

160x25 sec @ IS)3200, stacked in Sequator and finished on Photoshop. Canon D6 camera on my 12"SCT LX850.

SEQ 1 PS2.jpg

Amazing picture, is this raw / a classic picture or edited via registax/other programs?

How high was the exposure?