SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M45

saturn5

I think i can safely say the Astronomik LP clip filter does what it says. :thumbright:

Ok its far from perfect but just to see images coming out of the 350d that haven't been TANGOED!!!!!!!!! is a total thrill.

20x210secs unguided.

Canon350d

Orion Europa 150mm(2 vane spider)kinda obvious when you see the stars :)

HEQ5

M45_filtered-1.jpg

Very Nice S5,

Without My IDAS i'd be on to a hiding from nothing from my home site these filters just allow you to do so much more :)

I would love a clip In still would have to decide between the CLS and the IDAS variants but I would need to know taht it's compatible with the "sigma" lenses I have before shelling out..

Next thing is to work out what tweaks you need to make to the "color" balance and your laughing ....

Billy...

Thanks Ron,but as Billy says the colour balance could be a bit better,mind you

not having any LP is like starting from scratch again different, processing reguired now so i had better get practicing. :)

HI S5 , It wasn't a critiscism of the image... how does vignetting compare to not haviogn the filter in there... I would have thought thet th clips in shouldnt introduce anythign at all whereas usind a 2" infont of the lens especially with stepdown rings is only going to make matters worse for myself... especially with the wider angle lenses...

I know Steppenwolf designed and had mane an adpoator to mount a 1.25" filter inside the camera body...

Billy...

Its a good'un S5. If you are not happy about the diffraction spikes from the two vane 'spider' you could always place a 'dummy' vane at right angles to the real one and get a more 'natural' result. You've captured some great nebulosity.

Thanks guys,never thought of a dummy vane ,good idea Steve.

I've had a tweak to get rid of the excessive blueness,looks a bit less "flash"but probably more natural looking.Not that i've been there for a look :)

M45_filteredcpy.jpg

Archived