Narrowband

Crescent Nebula & Soap Bubble

Kinch

Again - reworking old data (as I have been doing ever since lock down started hee in Spain.....or so it seems).

The last time I worked this data in 2018, I added some RGB data to the Narrow Band data - but reprocessing it again, I think it better without. (The RGB data was not the best). This is with the FSQ130 scope & QSI 6120 camera. 8 hours Ha & 11 hours OIII.

The Crescent Nebula - upper right (also known as NGC 6888, Caldwell 27, Sharpless 105) is an emission nebula in the constellation Cygnus, about 5000 light-years away from Earth.
The very faint Soap Bubble Nebula - lower left, or PN G75.5+1.7, is a planetary nebula. It was discovered by amateur astronomer Dave Jurasevich using an Astro-Physics 160 mm refractor telescope who imaged the nebula on June 19, 2007 and on July 6, 2008.

Soap Bubble & Crescent Sign (2584 x 1730).jpg

• Like 14

That's a stunning image. Beautifully captured and processed. Jaw-dropping stuff.

Every time I see an FSQ 130 image I feel angry at myself for not getting one when they were available. *glass jealousy intensifies* 🙂

Barry

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the comments.

In reply to Barry's comment: It was a hard call at the time - this scope was really expensive (as you know) - but once I started using it, I knew it was the right decision. The money was going to go one way or another.....but so happy to have this scope now.