Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ring Nebula Sketch

Cuto100200

So tonight (or this morning), I attempted to sketch the Ring Nebula, I'd observed it once before earlier this week and was quite surprised at how visible it was. Some of the surrounding stars are definitely out of position in places so sorry for this.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Ring Nebula.jpg

97223816_542856223068638_7702348023682039808_n.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice sketch, you’ve caught M57 well. No particular feedback, although perhaps the stars appear a little too large, the effect may be better if they were smaller points, still sized according to brightness?

I do like your test pencil marks on the right hand edge, makes it very real! 👍👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Very nice sketch, you’ve caught M57 well. No particular feedback, although perhaps the stars appear a little too large, the effect may be better if they were smaller points, still sized according to brightness?

I do like your test pencil marks on the right hand edge, makes it very real! 👍👍

Thank you! And yes 100% agree, I was thinking they'd look a lot more real if they were more faded according to brightness with slight size according to brightness, definitely something to improve on! 

Edited by Cuto100200