Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Join the FLO team

I know a bit about eyepieces and refractors😃..but would I also need to learn about weird things like " ship's funnels", "sensors", "chips" and other "wired up stuff"??:icon_scratch:😱🤭

But seriously, FLO are offering a wonderful job for someone to do their hobby for a living, and I'm sure there will be a large queue to lodge applications. Good luck!👍

Dave

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I know a bit about eyepieces and refractors😃..but would I also need to learn about weird things like " ship's funnels", "sensors", "chips" and other "wired up stuff"??:icon_scratch:😱🤭

Maybe this is what a job share was invented for, Dave?

🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F15Rules said:

But seriously, FLO are offering a wonderful job for someone to do their hobby for a living, and I'm sure there will be a large queue to lodge applications. Good luck!👍

Dave

I suppose you could always mug up on collimating shaving mirrors, Dave?

🙂

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just retired, 40+yrs in IT support and project management with electronics and some engineering, 5-6 yrs hobbyist in Astro, but never really been able to set up and keep a rig due weather issues primarily.

shame, it could be a nice way to occupy my time if I knew enough in the astro filed

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

Had I known back when Steve posted this what my future held

Who wouldn't give for a machine to see the future

hindsight = 20:20

or maybe not?

me i'll plod through and hope

14 hours ago, JamesF said:

Indeed.  No regrets.  Have to move on and see what comes next.  I might make a fortune shipping dehydrated water to places affected by serious drought.  Who knows?

James

I remember seeing the on Tomorrow World some time ago, just put the tablet into a tap, and out came the water.

Always wondered what happened to that idea.

• Like 1

Just now, iapa said:

I remember seeing the on Tomorrow World some time ago, just put the tablet into a fairly standard tap, and out came the water.

Always wondered what happened to that idea.

On 25/08/2020 at 20:30, JamesF said:

Had I known back when Steve posted this what my future held then I would have been very likely to have applied.  But that's the way the croissant crumbles, as someone once said.

James

oops shouldn't have posted that comment in public searchable pages, but yeah, same boat myself it seems...

Not that I think I'd have been a fit for this one, too new to pointing bits of shaped glass at the stars and all that 🙂 

Edited by DaveL59