Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron powerseeker 114eq help!

I thought you might like to see a little photoshop processing on your last image.  It's what most Astrophotographers will do, they rarely use an image straight out of the camera.

I have toned down the gradients, and slightly sharpened it.

Jennifer Moon.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Jennifere20 said:

Thankyou 😄. Which is the RA control? The goo be on the side or the back? 

on your EQ2 it'll be the one that sticks out sideways, the other that lays alongside the tube is the DEC control.

Once you get to the stage of being able to just turn the RA to track, you might want to consider hooking up the motor, as that'll track for you once you are on the target. Then you can relax and take the photo or enjoy the view or both, as well as show your son and not have to re-find the target :) 

Nice work on the photo's tho, Carole's tweaks to it make it look really good.

1 hour ago, Neil H said:

Well done Jen the photos are brill , it take practice to track but your getting loads better already

Thanks Neil. I’m really proud of that one from last night 😄. Can’t wait to try Saturn etc 

8 hours ago, Padraic M said:

Nice picture of the Sea of Tranquility there - you even managed to get the Apollo 11 landing site in the picture!

IM not sure which bits they are yet haha. I’ve a lot to learn. Can you show me which they are on the photo? 

I much prefer the Chinese view of the Moon Rabbit than the western Man in the Moon

image.png.7ba6514b60a13190226f93773573ab95.png

The Sea of Tranquility is the round dark bit at the base of the rabbit's ears - or the man's left eye. The Apollo 11 Eagle module landed at Tranquility Base, just in the mountains at the bottom of the left ear.

image.png.37dba58ebfb57aec22eee08ab56c0e74.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Look between south and south-east sometime after 23:00. Jupiter will be the brightest thing in the sky, but quite low down so you may have to move around a bit to find a good sight line. Once you have found Jupiter, you can find Saturn by looking to the left of Jupiter, perhaps slightly down too as the planets travel in an arc. Saturn will also be visible with the naked eye, and will look like quite a bright star. Provided that you can see low down enough, both of these objects should be very easy to find. If you have not already done so, I would recommend getting a planetarium app for your phone/tablet so that you can compare what you see in the sky to what you should be seeing. My recommendation for this is Sky Safari.

43 minutes ago, Jennifere20 said:

Hi guys. Me again! How will I find Jupiter and Saturn tonight in the sky? Thanks! 

Look to the southeast around midnight. Can't miss them, they are by far the brightest objects in the neighbourhood. Good luck!