SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Time Sketch - M13

Cuto100200

So tonight I tried sketching for the first time. I chose the M13 Cluster, I've only observed it around 3 times now on separate nights, as I've only had my scope about a week now, but tonight I decided to attempt to sketch it as conditions were good and it seemed a lot clearer than other times I've observed it.

Any feedback/criticism would be much appreciated as i'd like to get better. I think I most likely missed a good amount of stars, and many are probably quite out of position and I believe a few things are out of proportion. Apologies for the awful handwriting lol

Thanks for any advice!

643092645_M13Drawing.thumb.jpg.93708f552d006f267242fb8a40d0427d.jpg

2020-05-12_013554.jpg

Edited by Cuto100200
Additional Photo
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, miguel87 said:

Great first sketch. Can I ask how you turned only the FOV negative? Looks smart that way 👍

Thank you!

I downloaded GIMP, if you load a photo in there, use the circle selector tool to select just the FOV, then go to ( colors > Invert ) it should do it. I believe you can do this with various other software, but GIMP looked like the most popular, easiest to use free piece of software.

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Here the download link - I used the "download GIMP directly" 

• Thanks 1

That's a superb sketch of M13 that I really can't fault. Your hand writing is good too! ☺  I just turned your sketch into negative on my tablet photo editor and it looks great. I hope you'll post more sketches in weeks to come. Excellent!

515490883_2020-05-1309_17_08.png.dd516c291db3cd140d33da7c28e4e44f.png

• Thanks 1