Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 more messiers

miguel87

The thick cloud moved away from Swansea around midnight and despite the occasional gusts, the sky was looking very clear with sharp stars.

The 8inch newtonian came out for a nice night continuing my quest to sketch all 110 messier objects.

Last night I was able to tick off M13, M40, M97 and M108.

20200511_170127.jpg

20200511_170142.jpg

20200511_170201.jpg

20200511_170111.jpg

Edited by miguel87
  • Like 8

Another finely executed set of drawings Miguel. Resolving each of the Messiers with your 8" scope will be an absorbing pursuit. There was a member on here a few years ago; Mike73, who posted up sketches of the Messier catalogue. They became a good reference for new members and for seasoned members alike. Your drawings and descriptions would in the same way be equally valid.   

Excellent sketches, very professionaly drawn.....especially like your M108, just as I remember it the last time I viewed it. I also find The Owl difficult and better with averted vision, though you seemed to have achieved a larger image than I could, well done

Edited by Jiggy 67

Thanks for your kind comments. I am finding it a really rewarding experience and I hope that when nearer completion it might provide a realistic idea of what can be seen in an average (I think) sized scope under good/average skies (bortle 4) without the aid of filters cameras EEVA or anything else.

😁

Edited by miguel87
  • Like 1