Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 3631 (Nov 2019)

Star101

Looking through my files I have found many images that have yet to be processed. :) Should keep me going over the next three months while I wait for darker nights to return.

Nothing special, just a nice galaxy far far away. I took 25 x 600s but only managed to stack 10 frames. I will go back to this later and maybe manually stack the 25...if I get bored enough lol.

Wiki

NGC 3631 is a spiral galaxy located in the constellation Ursa Major. It is located at a distance of circa 35 million light years from Earth, which, given its apparent dimensions, means that NGC 3631 is about 60,000 light years across. It was discovered by William Herschel on April 14, 1789. It is a grand design spiral galaxy seen face on.

Atik 4120EX OSC, C11 OTA on Mesu 200. IDAS LP Filter. Pixinsight

10 x 600s

Again, just posting for fun. :)

NGC 3631.png

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Massive improvement. Lovely image.

Thank you Mark.

I'm glad I worked again on it. I was intrigued with the detail that started to appear. 

I think I will return to this with the scope to get more subs. There is a wisp of an arm sweeping right to left from the top. That arm drifts all the way to 8 o'clock. More data needed :) 

Edited by Star101
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Well done, a bit more definition showing. I'd leave well enough alone unless you want to add more data to it.

I agree. Leave alone. I can only make it worse now 😛