Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan 4.390400 issue with AZ GOTO Skywatcher telescope

Gevorg

Hello!

I am trying to setup the Skywatcher MC 102/1300 SkyMax BD AZ-S GoTo telescope+mount.

What I did:

• Start from parking mode. The telescope is aligned to north.
  • Turned it on and aligned with 2 stars.
    • During the alignment the tracking is turning on all the time and moving the telescope position.
  • Then when I try to go to some star the north/south motion never ends. While the East/West motion stops at right location.

This is really wild to me. Can someone help with understanding what is the problem ?

Thanks,

Gevorg.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couple of possibilities. Most likely it’s a power problem. Are you using AA batteries or a proper battery pack or a mains adapter?

Also have you entered the date in the US date format?   (MM/DD/YYYY)

Edited by johninderby

Dear friends,

Thank you, for quick response, let me test with AA batteries and I will let you know the result.

It is late here today, but I will let you know tomorrow if the issue has gone.  

Hello,

I have tried with AA battery pak and with other adapter as well, behavior is not changed. Again when I do park the mount rolls forever.

Just wondering if there is other idea? What can cause such issue. Manual moving using synscan pad works fine. The only issue is related to goto, tracking and parking the rest is working OK.

And also during the alignment tracking is changing the telescope position after the star is centered. Not sure if this is OK.

Thanks,
Gevorg.

Edited by Gevorg

On 11/05/2020 at 00:38, johninderby said:

This sort of behaviour is usualy caused by low voltage. Perhaps the adapter has a damaged wire or isn’t a regulated one.

I have tried with voltage it shows 11.8V which seems OK.

Is it possible that we are facing the firmware issues? Or may be the mount is damaged?

30 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Perhaps you can check the setup information you are using. If the long and lat cordinates are not set correctly or even the N, S, E, W part of the setting is wrong it could cause the problem. 

Thanks, I have checked multiple times, and the long and lat coords are ok. Can this explain the tracking on during the alignment or infinite moving? I also have tried with windows app using direct pc mode, the issue is there.  

Well as it looks like it’s not a voltage or setup info problem so perhaps it could be a software problem.

Would suggest reinstalling the firmware as it could be corrupted. Do you have the connection cable for updating?

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Well as it looks like it’s not a voltage or setup info problem so perhaps it could be a software problem.

Would suggest reinstalling the firmware as it could be corrupted. Do you have the connection cable for updating?

I think this is a special cable yes? I have RJ45 serial to telescope cable only.

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

The synscaninit application on a smart phone will tell you what your longitude / latitude / daylight saving settings are so that you can make sure you enter the correct information on the handset

Just tried with the synscaninit result is the same

4 hours ago, happy-kat said:

I might try to find it later

Hi, Thank you all for your care, I just have found that this is a RJ45 board  or wires damage. Most probably some parts should be replaced.

We have not found the final resolution of the problem, but I saw that there is a problematic wire, touching which the goto stops.

I will update here further progress.