Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Moon 12 hrs each side of full!

Ant

The moon being 100% full while below the horizon is frankly rather inconsiderate! 

But having two clear nights on the trot, and a low enough horizon to get the moon this time of year, means that I could do a comparison of views 12hrs before and 12 hrs after full. 

New moon was late morning yesterday, the left hand image was 11pm on Wednesday evening and the right image last night the 7th at 11pm. There was a slight layer of high misty cloudy stuff last night. 

I quite liked the comparison, while not the best image scale - I do what I can with the equipment I have. :)

450D, ED80 at prime focus. 64 images stacked for the left image, 65 for the right. each sub was 1/2500s @ ISO800

Cheers

Ant407889758_Moon7thMay_1_sml.jpg.37e1c58356e0bcae4e49bffd5baea409.jpg 

• Like 11

Very nice Lunar images.

Interesting seeing your ISO and exp time.

I shot a few this morning with 400 and exp 1/4000 just trying to cut down on its brightness. 

Didnt look bad on the camera live view but I haven't downloaded them to the computer yet.

23 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Very nice Lunar images.

Interesting seeing your ISO and exp time.

I shot a few this morning with 400 and exp 1/4000 just trying to cut down on its brightness. 

Didnt look bad on the camera live view but I haven't downloaded them to the computer yet.

Yes I actually think you've probably got it right. My images looked about right on the camera preview (don't have live view), but I think dropping the ISO and exp would have been ideal.

Your end result should be better. :)

Thanks for the comments guys, trying to get back into this daft hobby, so just taking things one step at a time.

Ant

Nice, with an added bonus: on my phone the two images are perfectly sized and placed to do that 3D thing by relaxing the eye muscles.

Ok, so given there is no viewpoint offset between the images it doesn't make a true 3D image but it stands out from the screen for me :)

Edited by Paul M
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Nice, with an added bonus: on my phone the two images are perfectly sized and placed to do that 3D thing by relaxing the eye muscles.

Ok, so given there is no viewpoint offset between the images it doesn't make a true 3D image but it stands out from the screen for me :)

Doesn't quite work on a laptop though, even doing the cross-eyed thing.

Ant, the 450d does have liveview. At 600mm, I've been using iso100, 1/200 to 1/400 sec, depending on conditions. Spot meter and meter for 2 stops under exposed. Shoot from liveview, continuous shooting, remote release, lock for 40 to 50 frames.

Thanks for the comments. The 3D thing did look good, even though it was quite 3D.

Ah right, that would explain it. I've just looked at the camera, and it's a 400D lol

Thanks for the info though, John appreciated.

I have drives coming :) so that should make life a little easier. Might even get back into some Web cam imaging.

Ant

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 15:48, woodblock said:

Great picture Ant. Can I ask - Did you sharpen after stacking?

Cheers

Steve

Yes there was a slight adjustment to levels, and a single unsharp mask on both images.

Ant