Narrowband

M51 - A rework

dannybgoode

Using what I've learned processing M13 here is a quick reworking of the data I captured on M51. First image is the re-work (obvs!) and the second my first attempt. Amazing how much detail you can extract once you get familiar with the software!

Of course could still do with even more data - the blue in particular is lacking but I'm much happier with the second effort.

M5120200305.jpg

M51v2_DxO_DxO-Edit.jpg

• Like 7

The second image is more in keeping with what you would consider to be the colour of M51. It's a great image with nice fine wispy detail extending from the inner cores, lovely balanced colours and well processed.

Steve

A great re-work, both are excellent images.

There is so much you can do playing around with colour and brightness that it makes it difficult on what to decide on for a finished result.

Just wondering what it would look like with a 50/50 merge of the two.

On 09/05/2020 at 00:06, MarkAR said:

A great re-work, both are excellent images.

There is so much you can do playing around with colour and brightness that it makes it difficult on what to decide on for a finished result.

Just wondering what it would look like with a 50/50 merge of the two.

Thanks for your feedback.  This is my effort at combing the two - only using PS although I am sure there's a fancy way of doing it in PI.  Reasonably happy with it however the blues don't look quite right but then the underlying data isn't the best/  I have something to aim for though at least and have a baseline to improve on. 

M5120200305v3.jpg

• Like 1