Another nice prom today - 8th May 2020

Stu

Sun looking nice again today in Ha. There is quite a large tree-like prom visible, changing quite quickly. Scope sitting very well on the Vixen SP/Berlebach combo.

808CFC8F-48C9-42D8-8AB2-D1A42129DE45.jpeg

F60E2BAB-4C2C-4957-8215-2D6267FB0D8F.jpeg

6E61CE7A-3388-4ED6-8865-A5F60C6A161B.jpeg

FEDFAA48-F09B-433F-832E-FD6BB0657E04.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

loving the eye guards Stu, home made?

Yep. Hobbycraft foam, felt and some insulating tape. Work really well, although I still use a good too.

Still trying to get to grips with binoviewers on the sun, for whatever reason I really struggled last time. Think I will try a terrestrial object first to get my eye placement/viewer split placement right. Just seemed it was wobbling like made and wouldn't settle right.

47 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

Still trying to get to grips with binoviewers on the sun, for whatever reason I really struggled last time. Think I will try a terrestrial object first to get my eye placement/viewer split placement right. Just seemed it was wobbling like made and wouldn't settle right.

Getting the interpupilliary distance and balance focus between each eye is really important, as well as understanding where the exit pupil is distance wise from the eyepiece. My eye guards are largely designed to keep my eyes positioned correctly as I’m using 40mm plossls which are barlowed, so the eye relief is LONG! The shields help too, I place the rear wards so they block glare from behind, then the hood shield from the front/top.

1 hour ago, bomberbaz said:

I knew what I meant

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Getting the interpupilliary distance and balance focus between each eye is really important, as well as understanding where the exit pupil is distance wise from the eyepiece. My eye guards are largely designed to keep my eyes positioned correctly as I’m using 40mm plossls which are barlowed, so the eye relief is LONG! The shields help too, I place the rear wards so they block glare from behind, then the hood shield from the front/top.

That's what I meant 🤣

Cheers Stu 👍

• Haha 1