Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 - The Great Cluster in Hercules

dannybgoode

So managed to squeeze one last photo in before the short summer nights and it is my best to date - quite happy with it. I also need to now revisit my data on some other targets as I learned an awful lot about processing in PixInsight doing this.

M13 - the Great Globular Cluster. Data Captured 06 May 2020.  Not bad for a full moon and Bortle 8 skies - gives me hope for later in the year...

5 x 300S subs for RGB and 20 x 120S subs for L.  Scope TMB Optics 105/650, Camera SX-674, FW SX and Baader filters.

M1320200506.jpg

Edited by dannybgoode
  • Like 11

Just tweaked this a little.  Ran the initial TIFF version of the PixInsight file through Topaz DeNoise first then tweaked in DxO, LR and PS.  Just brings the colours out a little more but not too overdone I hope :)

M1320200506v2.jpg

Oooops! looks a bit over cooked on the saturation I'm afraid but you have managed to clarify the stars in the centre.

If you want to try tweaking the original then maybe try a star reduction routine.

8 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Oooops! looks a bit over cooked on the saturation I'm afraid but you have managed to clarify the stars in the centre.

If you want to try tweaking the original then maybe try a star reduction routine.

This a bit better?  Need to work on my star reduction :)

M1320200506v2.jpg