Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Combining subs in DSS from 2 different nights

Morning everyone

I have not used groups before in DSS, but wanted to check if what I am about to do is correct:

I have TWO sets of lights, flats & dark flats from 2 different nights.

I have a set of Darks in my calibration library that were taken with the older set of L, F & DF.

ALL Light subs & Dark subs share same exact settings: 240s, -10C, 120Gain, 20Offset in ASCOM

Flats & Dark Flats are obviously matched for each night, but different across the 2 nights.

Do I go about this as follows:

Main Group:

Darks

Group 1:

Older Ls, Fs & DFs

Group 2:

Newer Ls, Fs & DFs

Many thanks

34 minutes ago, oymd said:

Main Group:

Darks

Group 1:

Older Ls, Fs & DFs

Group 2:

Newer Ls, Fs & DFs

Many thanks

Looks like as doctor prescribed :)

All good, Click Next! :)

P.S.

You can also choose the "best" Light sub you want the rest of the subs to be aligned to, if not, DSS will decide for you.

Edited by RolandKol
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

P.S.

You can also choose the "best" Light sub you want the rest of the subs to be aligned to, if not, DSS will decide for you.

lol...

:)

In fact, I AM a doctor....

thanks for your reply! Will do when I am back home from work...

:)

9 hours ago, RolandKol said:

P.S.

Ok...Houston, we've had a problem.

I opened the stacked file in PI, and after I stretched it, there is something wrong. I never saw this before?

PI.png

Don't know if it would solve your problem, but when I have combined data from two separate nights in DSS, I've just had a main group & a group 1.  I specified all lights, darks, flats & bias in each of the two groups, even though darks & bias were the same and may only need to be specified in the main group.  It has worked fine for me a couple of times recently.

9 hours ago, oymd said:

Ok...Houston, we've had a problem.

I opened the stacked file in PI, and after I stretched it, there is something wrong. I never saw this before?

PI.png

:( Apollo13... We need more data...

Can you please check if both groups  been pictured at the same camera orientation?

I am sad to see it... Not sure what to advice...

13 hours ago, RolandKol said:

:( Apollo13... We need more data...

Can you please check if both groups  been pictured at the same camera orientation?

I am sad to see it... Not sure what to advice...

Thanks for your reply

Well, I have a mobile setup, so every time I setup, I thread the reducer and camera on, so the Camera orientation is different every time.

Also, Since I setup in the garden every time, the mount may slew to 63 on one side and on another night might do it from the other side.

1 hour ago, oymd said:

Thanks for your reply

Well, I have a mobile setup, so every time I setup, I thread the reducer and camera on, so the Camera orientation is different every time.

Also, Since I setup in the garden every time, the mount may slew to 63 on one side and on another night might do it from the other side.

In that case, it is most likely the best you can get...

of course, if you would load up raw files to any kind of viewer and visually compare the first and the last image of each group, - you would be sure what has happened with the orientation.

Sorry, but I have checked this post on the PC just now...  Not sure if you were concerned about the frame...
I would be more concerned about that pattern you've got...

I never had/seen it before.... :(
But it doesn't look like the error of the grouping... 
Maybe the cause of the Panel used for Flats... Or some other settings on DSS :( 
Sorry, Apollo13, I am not useful here :(