sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

COMPLETED - Heavy duty motor driven EQ Mount ****SOLD****

Hi, I'm selling my RA driven heavy duty EQ mount. It's driven on the RA axis via a mains plug and it tracks fine for low/medium power visual although not super accurately at high powers. The ace up this mounts sleeve is it's massive payload capability. I've seen photos of this mount carrying 16" Newtonians (I've added a picture of this a few posts down)

It's a very industrial heavy mount so it's collection only from Ipswich now lock down seems to be easing a bit. Social distancing applies. 

60 pounds 

p.s. I would also consider bundling in my SW 150pl f/8 planetary Newtonian I use with this mount (pics on next post down). As much as I love it's optics, it's probably going to be a bit long for the obsy I'm building and too large for grab n go. It was purchased recently from FLO maybe 5 months ago and is in excellent condition with all accessories. I'll bundle it in with the mount for a total of 160 quid which is a bit of a bargain if you ask me. But then again people rightfully need an incentive to collect at the moment.  

IMG_20191220_103820044.jpg

IMG_20191220_103715261.jpg

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 1

I've been using the mount with a 6" f8 Newtonian but I think the existing rings should be adjustable enough to accommodate an 8" although not tested. For larger ota's new rings and a way of fitting them will be required.

IMG_20191220_103803791.jpg

150PL.jpg

Edited by Lockie

Just to add. Thats a mid 1990's Meade Starfinder mount. originally supplied with a cardboard tube 10" Newtonian. I know this as i had one. The clockwork RA drive tracks incredibly well.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RobertI said:

That 16” scope dwarfs the mount. 😂 But it does look like a really substantial mount. 

Proportionately it looks like a 130p on an eq2, just scaled up big time 😂

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, R26 oldtimer said:

Far better and cheaper than an Equatorial platform for a dob.

Indeed! and it's an heavy duty RA driven mount for the price of a good Plossl eyepiece! lol 

Edited by Lockie
  • 2 weeks later...

Still available. I'll give it one more go to see if it's useful for anyone before I store it for a future project. Might cut a longer pier pipe and stick a massive long focus refractor on it at some point, that would be cool. 

Hi Chris, I am interested in this, but I expect to move this year and it would need to be once things have settled.

Don't hang on to it for my sake if a more enthusiastic buyer comes along. I already have too much stuff!

I'll keep a note of this thread.

• Like 1