Nearly full Moon - 6th May 2020

Slightly hazy conditions with poor seeing last night, but I managed to grab this one as tonight looks like it might be cloudy.

Tak FC100DC with iPhone 11 Pro, ProCam 7 then PS Express, normal stuff 👍

7DEBD9BE-FA73-4C9D-BC24-DEBE88E1A6A8.jpeg

• Like 4

Strangely enough I did the same. However, on this occasion deciding to explore astro image processing software using an easy object...

So a three minute video was shot via a spare Samsung S6 and, BST 15mm and ST120 mounted on an AZ-GTI.

This evening the video was uploaded to a laptop with PIPP, AutoStakkert and Registax 6 installed and final image produced with the best 10 frames (all the frames over 99.8% quality) from the original video's 5400ish(lol).

1491088940_0000_moon1_f2585_quality_100.jpg.5b97c46f66f099ad2074ffc6342c39ad.jpg

A disappointment considering I've managed way better tapping the snap button once with the camera settings on auto then fiddling with the phone's basic image processing app, rather than working out the best manual camera settings to use.

After that, spending around four hours watching Youtube vids, melting the old brain working out how to use the software and waiting for processes to finish! More practice needed...🙄

Astro imaging is witchcraft I'm tellin' yer! 😆

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Strangely enough I did the same. However, on this occasion deciding to explore astro image processing software using an easy object...

So a three minute video was shot via a spare Samsung S6 and, BST 15mm and ST120 mounted on an AZ-GTI.

This evening the video was uploaded to a laptop with PIPP, AutoStakkert and Registax 6 installed and final image produced with the best 10 frames (all the frames over 99.8% quality) from the original video's 5400ish(lol).

1491088940_0000_moon1_f2585_quality_100.jpg.5b97c46f66f099ad2074ffc6342c39ad.jpg

A disappointment considering I've managed way better tapping the snap button once with the camera settings on auto then fiddling with the phone's basic image processing app, rather than working out the best manual camera settings to use.

After that, spending around four hours watching Youtube vids, melting the old brain working out how to use the software and waiting for processes to finish! More practice needed...🙄

Astro imaging is witchcraft I'm tellin' yer! 😆

10 out of 10 for effort anyway! Good to start learning the process, but when you compare effort expended vs result between yours and mine, I’ll stick with the quick, lazy option 🤣. Witchcraft indeed it is!

• Like 1