Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I am sure there are loads of these polls but there seems so many available now I was wondering what, and why, people are using them.
Poll is set to close end of August so it doesn't go on running forever.
Thanks for participating
So on Tuesday night I spent the evening imaging the moon with my Celestron 9.25 SCT and DSLR as shown below and am happy with the images I collated (I only took images as I did intend to take capture video but I got carried away and time was getting on).
I have approx 350 jpeg (and the equivalent in raw) images and have used the Microsoft image composite editor to stitch the frames together without editing them first etc but I wonder if I'm going the images an injustice?
I'm not ready to pay for editing software as I know there is a lot of very good free downloads out there and I'm asking for recommendations. Should I be processing the frames before/after stitching and what software would you recommend? Please offer any advice you have.
I will post the resulting image once I'm happy with the outcome 😁
Thanks in advance,
By Galen Gilmore
Anybody know of a piece of software that could detect the change the occurred in an image? I'm doing a project to see if I can find an asteroid or comet without any prior knowledge of where said asteroid/comet is.
I'm not really sure where to look for something like this, so any help would be appreciated.
Also, I would like something that could run on Mac. But I'll run it on bootcamp if there is no other options.
am posting this in case it helps anyone who has suffered the same problem as myself.
In a nutshell: Own a Skywatcher Gti mount for some time now and used with some success, also purchased some time ago Skysafari and wanted to use both, with a problem much reported on the web and so much information out there that it can get a bit confusing and certainly in my case frustrating, after all just want stuff to work!
After much experimenting and help from other postings this is what happens when you fire up the Gti.
The mount generates its own wireless network and becomes the gateway, its IP address is always 192.168.4.1 you see this when making a connection with the Synscan app/program, its very similar to a normal router that serves you the Internet. Any device that then connects to this network then gets an assigned address one up from this, i.e. 192.168.4.2, .3, etc. However if you run the Safari app and go in to settings you will find it has also been allocated an address which is one up from the device you are using. In my case my Ipad was connected to the wireless network and had been given the address of 192.168.4.3. but when I checked the IP address in the settings page of SkySafari it was 192.168.4.4 !
If you accept this you get the error that the app cannot join the wireless network check your settings etc. If you now manually change that address to the same as the device running the Synscan app in my case .2 it should connect and work. However there is a caveat to this, I tried using an Iphone 4 and an old Ipad and they would not work together no matter what. I got the other error message that I had joined the network but the mount did not recognise the device type I had selected (Skywatcher Synscan Alt Az GoTo) and no amount of changing things would solve it. To get around this I used my trusty Win 7 laptop to run the Synscan program and things worked perfectly so it can be done don't give up!
Sorry this is so long but I hope it helps someone out there. So to round off when you fire up the mount it becomes address no 1, any physical device gets the next address 2, any software running on the that device gets the next address 3. When you fire up SkySafari it must have the same address as the one that the SynScan app has got and this can e changed in SkySafari settings. None of this makes any sense to me as I thought software couldn't act in that way but there you are. I hope I have got this right feel free to contact me if things don't work
Today we published first release candidate to version 0.19.1 - please help us testing Stellarium!
List of changes between version 0.19.0 and master (0.19.0.16926/0.19.1RC1):
- Added allow to search an inactive meteor showers in Search Tool/Lists tool
- Added 'Azimuth vs. Time' graph into AstroCalc/Graphs tool
- Added feature to show tracks for latest several selected planets (GH: #539)
- Added calculation and showing the orbital period for artificial satellites
- Added revolutions per day info for artificial satellites
- Added tools for jumping to the next or previous time of rising, transit or setting for selected object (GH: #484)
- Added new behavoir for AstroCalc/Graphs when clicking within graph area now sets current time.
- Fixed issue in script 'Mercury Triple Sunrise and Sunset'
- Fixed crash of Stellarium for eyepieces with permanent crosshair
- Fixed Stellarium crash when Remote Control plugin is working
- Fixed computation of assume radius for minor planets.
- Fixed the issue of the scrolling not working properly on Mac (GH: #393)
- Fixed crash in Scripting Engine (Hide artificial satellites through StelProperties in core.clear() method to avoid crash if plugin was didn't loaded)
- Fixed planetarium crash in HiPS (network manager delete problem)
- Fixed position problems on the Poles (GH: #391)
- Fixed scaling Telrad sign on HighDPI monitors
- Fixed surface occlusion bug even with landscape turned off in scripting engine (GH: #680)
- Fixed building with cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON (GH: #683)
- Fixed error in constellation file format (Babylonian)
- Fixed Europe/Volgograd time zone settings (GH: #686)
- Fixed HiPS handling of allsky download (GH: #671)
- Fixed progress bar rendering (GH: #671)
- Fixed positive declinations issue in AstroCalc tool when option 'Use decimal degrees' is enabled (GH: #690)
- Fixed file names inconsistency
- Fixed constellation line in "Japanese Moon Stations" skyculture
- Fixed file name for constellation boundaries in Stellarium User Guide
- Fixed the user interface problems in Oculars plug-in (GH: #580)
- Fixed getting the wrong values in objects/info method for selected object for different formats (Remote Control plugin)
- Fixed refresh plots when AstroCalc dialog becomes visible again (AstroCalc/Graphs tool)
- Fixed jquery vulnerability (GH: #694)
- Fixed date and time dialog behaviour: Hour/Minute/Second spinners now correctly trigger signals dateChanged(), dateChangedByYear and dateChangedForMonth() when days, months or years are affected by it.
- Fixed update graphs in AstroCalc/Graphs tool when days change
- Updated planetary nomenclature
- Updated common names of stars and DSO's
- Updated cmake rules for Windows deployment
- Updated DSO textures
- Updated behaviour of HiPS survey if Stellarium started without network (GH: #681)
- Updated GUI for ArchaeoLines plugin (GH: #689, #682)
- Updated default pulsars catalog (v1.60)
- Updated list of asterisms
- Excluded Armintxe skyculture and landscape from default package
Download link: https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium-data/releases/tag/beta