SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

North America Nebila H-alpha (NGC7000)

tooth_dr

This is from last night.  I was trying to get away from the moon, and an H-alpha target.  This had just cleared the horizon, so I gave it a shot.  I though the data wouldnt be any good, but I was happy to take a clear sky, and get a few more hours under my belt with the mount and kit.   It has turned out pretty decent after all.  I am using the 7nm Baader filter in the 250PX, and a 7nm Optolong filter in the ED80.

I had been having elongated stars pre meridian - I tightened the focuser lock by hand quite hard, and this I think has cured the problem.  Guiding was </= 0.6" last night, despite it being low on the horizon.

I really like the resolution of the 10", but the FOV of the ED80.

I stacked all together in APP.   The first one is the full FOV, with the 10" data blended into the ED80 data (with the ED80 data was scaled up to the 10" data), and the second one is cropped to 10" reference frame.

31 x 600s in each scope, total of 62 x 600s = 10 hours 20 minutes.

Thanks for looking

Adam.

NGC7000-Hydrogen-alpha-250PX_QHY_ED80_ATIK1--168degCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-St.jpg

NGC7000-Hydrogen-alpha-250PX_QHY_ED80_ATIK--180degCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-St.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 8

Nice data. I did take a look out last night and was sad not to take advantage of a very clear night but I was really tired and the moon so bright I decided bed was the better thing to do. It was certainly a NB night and you showed it was good for that. Well done  🙂

Steve

Just now, david_taurus83 said:

What mono camera are you using on the ED80 Adam?

I’m using an Atik 383L+ camera on the ED80, KAF8300 sensor. I have the same sensor on my 10”, but in a QHY9. No difference apart from the QHY being cheaper and much quieter. 

• Like 1

I ask because I done about 12 hours worth of Ha on this last year with an ASI1600 on a 71mm triplet and I think your CCD version blows the socks off the ASI! When I get a mono camera again it will definitely be a CCD. Even new those Atik 383s are a good price.

15 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I ask because I done about 12 hours worth of Ha on this last year with an ASI1600 on a 71mm triplet and I think your CCD version blows the socks off the ASI! When I get a mono camera again it will definitely be a CCD. Even new those Atik 383s are a good price.

It really turned out quite good. I was surprised. I stopped using darks since last month. I noticed lots of dark pixels and without darks the stacked image was better. Now just flats, bias and BPM.  5-10 hours yields a good image