Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power Cable Management advise

8 hours ago, barkis said:

I kinda knew you would have a  quick alignment  method, and SharpCap has a great tool for that.
Although I have the Pro version, I haven't tried the Pole alignment element of the prog...   

I changed it all for a Roll off Roll On model, and as the Obs. was a double shed, It,  and supports for the roof 
rails were all painted a Spruce Green to match the surrounding fences,  so it complemented the whole garden,
which is her pride and joy...

Sorry for the long quote, but my fault is I often harp on a bit.🙂

Ron.

Yeah, SharpCap Pro has a few nice features that I've just started using.

FWHM focus assist works great but I generally just throw on the Bahtinov mask as I'm sitting right next to the rig most of the time anyway and it's a bit quicker. Except when you start those 2 minute subs and then realize you forgot to remove it! 😀
The Edge Detect focus assist works great on planets and the moon. Haven't tried it on solar yet.
I just connected SharpCap to the mount for the first time last night and used the plate-solve feature, worked like a charm.

Harp on a bit. I'm unemployed now going on 6 weeks due to the virus and my wife is still working so it's nice to chat with another human. The conversations with the dogs always seem a bit one-way. 🦴

Funny you should mention the Bahtinov Mask slip up. I sometimes watch a countryman of yours on a You tube channel 
he has, a keen Astro.  Photographer Steve Jones, he did the same thing during a session he was preparing to image m81 m82.
He did say it wasn't the first time it had happened. Not hard to understand that though, so much to do preparing go
when all the gear has to be hauled outside and setup. He's a real pleasant guy with a nice wife and a large dog, which enjoys getting in his way.

I'm sure over time you will make some friends on SGL, this is a great forum with helpful and pleasant members aplenty.
Sorry you are laid off work, much the same situation here. This Virus is a vicious one, and as well as many casualties, the economies of many
Countries are being decimated. My biggest gripe is, not able to get onto the Golf Course. A bit selfish I suppose, but it's pretty much
the only exercise I get. I've got a Mountain Bike, but at My age mountains are out of the question, it will have to be a jaunt around the road I live near 😀.

Stay Safe, there is much to live for.
Ron.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, barkis said:

.... I sometimes watch a countryman of yours on a You tube channel 
he has, a keen Astro.  Photographer Steve Jones, he did the same thing during a session he was preparing to image m81 m82.
He did say it wasn't the first time it had happened....

Ron.

I searched YouTube for Steve Jones and couldn't find anything. Is his YT channel under a different name?

21 minutes ago, SiriusDoggy said:

I searched YouTube for Steve Jones and couldn't find anything. Is his YT channel under a different name?

Sorry, I got that wrong he's on YouTube,

Trevor Jones astrobackyard.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, barkis said:

Sorry, I got that wrong . His name is Trevor Jones.

www.astrobackyard.com

Ahhh yes, Trevor. I've followed AstroBackyard for a long time. I think when I started following him he had less than 200 followers. Great Guy. He's Canadian though, so you threw me even further off course saying he was a fellow countryman. 🤣

34 minutes ago, SiriusDoggy said:

Ahhh yes, Trevor. I've followed AstroBackyard for a long time. I think when I started following him he had less than 200 followers. Great Guy. He's Canadian though, so you threw me even further off course saying he was a fellow countryman. 🤣

Yeah! Sorry about that, didn't hurt too much I hope 😁😁. I have watched Trevor's Astro.shoots a few times, always interesting and a great sense of humour too. I'm impressed by the amount of gear he has. The last one I watched, he was trying out Sequence Generator Pro. He stayed loyal to PHD 2 for guiding  though.  He was a bit overwhelmed by SGP,  but he'll persevere until he has tamed it, and I'm sure he will too.

Yeah, he's a great guy. I think a lot of his gear is "loaned" to him in exchange for reviews.

I'm currently using SharpCap Pro to control pretty much everything. I have the CGX mount so I use Celestron's CPWI for basic planetarium control and PHD2 for guiding but SharpCap Pro runs everything else.

I do own PRISM astro software but talk about overwhelmed! It's an amazing one-stop shop that will do everything (including image processing) but getting it setup and tweaked with your gear is technically challenging for someone like me that's not too computer techie.  I'm thinking about the new Pegasus UltimateV2 and a small NUC with PRISM on it to tidy the gear up even more. But of course, I've got to get back to work before I can spend that kind of money.

• Like 1