SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Leo Triplet Final?

DaveS

Yeah, I know it's always dodgy to write "Final" about any image, but I've been bashing my head against this for too long.

I added 6 Hours 40 mins H-alpha to my original data to make a total now of, by my calculation 29 Hour 30 Mins. made up of 15 Hours RGB, 6 Hours 40 Mins H-alpha, and 7 Hours 50 Mins Luminance. LRGB through Baader and H-alpha through 3nm Astrodon. 130mm f/7 TS apo, ASI 1600 camera encoder guided on ASA DDM 60.

H-alpha added to the Red stack, then Gradient Reduction. RGb into Trichromy then DDP, another GR, Colour Curves, and Saturation Boost.

Luminance given DDP until the Tidal Regions were gust showing then Mask applied and a Histogram Stretch to bring out the Tidal Tail of NGC 3628 and arms of M 66. 

LRGB Synthesis,  a light Unsharp Mask then alignment edges removed and a final gradient reduction.

Phew! And that's why I'm calling it quits for the moment

1589601782_HaLRGB29Hourcrop.thumb.jpg.5a208f712d15fd0e8a82836da944f8bc.jpg

A shed load of Luminance would help, as would a helping of better quality H-alpha, but that it for this year in regards to aquisition.

• Like 8

Well done Dave!!  Cracking job.  Nothing wrong with that image IMO.  Several much more distant galaxies can also be seen in that image.

• Like 1

Thanks Bob.

Reading back my post I can see all the typing errors (Which I'll let stand) which just go to show how wonly my eyes had gone after processing.

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1