Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Craigyboy3542

Fitting a Reducer/Flattener

I have a Sky-Watcher .85x Reducer/Flattener for ED80, I can see that I have to screw it direct to the drawtube (shame there isn’t a quicker/safer way) but I can’t figure out how to attach it to my Canon 1100d do I nedd a different adaptor as the one I currently use to attach my camera to my 2” tube extension doesn’t seem to fit.

Also I have read somewhere the you have to have to correct spacing between the camera and Reducer/Flattener in order to have round stars how do you do this?

Edited by Craigyboy3542

Well I looked up this Reducer and read the requirements.....

T2 Adapters for DSLR's are usually M42 x 0.75mm thread, but this Reducer requires a  T2 M48 x 0.75mm adapter :

http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Accessories-Imagers-Opticstar.asp?p=0_10_5_0_3_815

The back focus of the reducer is quoted as 55mm, so with this T2 adapter the spacing on your 1100D should be correct.

Michael

• Thanks 1