Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45 - 8 x 90sec subs ISO 400

Neil I

Hi all

This is my latest attempt of M45. I can't fault the 1000D I had for crimbo. The results I've had so far have been much better than I'd ever hoped for (DSLR newbie :oops: ). Starting to get the hang of DSS and PS. Can't wait for the next clear night :thumbright:

11356_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers

Neil

Very Nice Neil :)

Really nice diffraction spikes, and great nebulosity showing through...I'm a big fan of the 1000D as well buying myself one for Crimbo...

I would down load a free copy of pixinightLe and also the tutorial on DBE that will allow you to correct the vignettign earlier in the processing workflow allowing you to get much more from the data.

Its takes a while to get your head around the process hence the need to have a copy of the tutorail handy...

Here are the links you need...

http://pixinsight.com/download/LE/index.html

http://pixinsight.com/tutorials/LE/DBE-example/en.html

That is a very fine result Neil.

The DSLR has been a revelation. One of the best additions to the Amateur Astronomers imaging armoury for a long time. Even un modified cameras are producing wonderful results.

This image is a great example.

Ron. :)

Thank you all for your comments and also thanks to Billy for the links (the tutorial is really useful :thumbright: )

I think its more tahn useful its essential.... I have to refer to it every time i want ro use DBE ... but then again Ivery rarely us it as the new setup doesnt suffer anywhere near the vignetting that the old one did and I tend to use a plug-in for CS to do it...

Billy...

Archived