Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explore Scientific 52° Eyepieces

Ags

There was some chatter about the ES 52° series when it first came out, but not much follow up. Are these any good - comparable to a Televue plossl, or more like a generic plossl with more eye relief at shorter focal lengths? I hear that above 20 mm these are literally plossls???

I am thinking about getting the 3mm (for solar in a small refractor) and 30 mm (as a finder/alignment EP).  

Had the 3mm and it was fine. Not outstanding but very good is the way I would put it. Perhaps slightly better than the BST Starguiders but smaller fov.

No longer have it as I now have a TV 3-6 zoom which is much better optically as well as being a zoom.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

I have the 6mm. Its not bad, and would agree a step up against many in the plossl range. The FOV for me in the 6mm makes it a perfect Planet / Moon ep. Comfy on eye relief too