SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon Demon

Sunshine

It seems while observing the moon last night, I have discovered a demon, just like the face on Mars, I will be heading to Geneva to accept my Nobel prize soon lol.

Surely others can tell me the correct name for this formation which I have magnified.

516222FE-FBF1-4310-A4FA-7C4A3CE1567B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Also, what scope type.. newtonian/refractor were you using, so I know which way up you were looking! Looks like youโ€™re not in the UK, so *roughly* where you are would help, though I think Iโ€™m narrowing in on a likely location. L-R inverted image.....

Peter

Edited by PeterW
Addition

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Also, what scope type.. newtonian/refractor were you using, so I know which way up you were looking! Looks like youโ€™re not in the UK, so *roughly* where you are would help, though I think Iโ€™m narrowing in on a likely location. L-R inverted image.....

Peter

Hello, that night I was just using my phone to capture random images, I thought I would mention that to explain the bad quality. Having said that, the images were shot this past Friday at 10:05pm from Stouffvile Ontario, Canada which is just outside of Toronto Canada. The scope used is an Orion Eon 115mm triplet 805mm focal length. For those shots I was almost certainly using my 9mm Morpheus combined with the TeleVue 2.5x powermate but, I may have used the zoom feature on my phone to bring the artifact in a bit closer.

460CCBBE-2802-44F1-9703-6B78700A1549.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine

14 minutes ago, Peter_D said:

I reckon the crater you have circled is crater Wurzelbauer

You reckon correctly,I will post once I get back to a computer. Just L-R inverted.

Peter

7 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Simulated vs yours, Wurtzbauer. Pitatus and rima Hesiodus lead me to it.

ย 

peter

08BCDD7A-D2DF-4DB5-AC35-AB056BFE64D3.jpeg

Yours kind of looks like an Orc from LOTR, now my question is, will I see this face again anytime this crater is visible? will it only be visible exactly as is in my original image when factors such as position of moon/earth relative to sun are exactly the same again?.

Edited by Sunshine

16 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I will be heading to Geneva to accept my Nobel prize soon lol

Perfect. Let them wait in Stockholm ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„.

A nice example of pareidolia, I love it! Did you see it visually or only afterwards on your picture?

ย 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Waddensky said:

Perfect. Let them wait in Stockholm ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„.

A nice example of pareidolia, I love it! Did you see it visually or only afterwards on your picture?

ย 

It caught my eye fairly quickly one I had put in my 9mm eyepiece, from then on it became so evident that it distracted me from the rest of the surface, lol.

• Like 1