Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Thought this might be interesting for anyone who might consider a ASA mount, or anyone else who just wan't to follow my adventures trying my best in the obsy
Anyway - here is the video of me polar aligning and making a new sky model
I have a Bresser exos 2 goto mount with illuminated polar scope. I believe this mount is at least 6 years old, same is the polar scope.
Where I should put the polaris as we are in 2021? I believe it shouldn't be in the circle anymore.
When I tested it, I place polaris in the circle and I was able do max 20 seconds exposure frames, then I place polaris in the dash closest to the centre and maximum exposure time was maybe 5 seconds without the star trail.
Anybody can help me with this please?
Can you help solve this mystery, please? Star Sense camera will not hold calibration with OTA after mount is rebooted.By StarGazingSiouxsie
Can you help me solve this mystery, please?
I have a 2020 Celestron 8" Edge Evolution Ltd Edition 60 Anniversary model. The OTA is carbon fibre and some of the artwork is different but for in tents & purposes it's a standard 8" Edge Evolution
The problem is, when the mount is switched off. the telescope will not maintain its calibration between Star Sense (SS) camera and the OTA. Please not I am not talking a SS alignment here - I'm talking about the calibration between the SS camera and OTA.
This is what happens - I will do a SS Auto Alignment and the goto will be out by some margin IE. way outside of a 25mm eyepiece. So, I then calibrate the SS camera to the OTA, re-align, and everything is working perfectly. The goto is more or less in the middle of a 12mm eyepiece. Next time I reboot the mount, I do my SS Auto alignment and the goto is way off again and I have re calibrate the SS camera to the OTA. Once I do that, everything works fine again. And so the cycle continues.
Have you experienced this problem yourself or do you have an idea of what may be happening? Before you offer your suggestions, please read this list as what I have done to try and solve this issue:
1. The tripod and OTA are absolutely level before booting up the mount.
2. Once I have booted up the mount, I enter time and my location, using GPS co-ordinates. I am extremely precise about this and am entering the correct time (and daylight saving as needed) to within 2 seconds. The GPS co-ordinates of my location as absolutely spot on as well - they are the same co-ordinates I use for all my telescopes and they are working perfectly. So this is defs not a time, date or location issue.
3. The SS camera is mounted perfectly It does not move at all. I have the calibration problem even after rebooting without moving the telescope's position at all.
4. I have even tried a new SS camera and handset. Exactly the same issue persists.
5. The handcontroller, mount and camera have all the latest updates.
6. The battery is working fine and holding it's charge perfectly.
As I mentioned earlier, once the SS camera is re calibrated, everything works fine and the goto is accurate. The problem only arises after rebooting the mount.
Any ideas, suggestions or sharing of similar experiences gladly welcomed, thank you.
I’ve just bought stellar mate but haven’t had it outside yet, can anyone tell me if there is a polar alignment function on the mobile app. I can see there’s one update in the forthcoming version about an improved alignment but before I bought it the online info seems to suggest it’s part of it and not just on the desktop version which I already use.
I am forced to use the drift method alignment from my back garden due to a neighbouring building being between Capella and me. So I have been practising the drift alignment method. I have however ran into a problem, and no amount of googling has provided me with the answer. so I am hoping that someone can help me out in understanding what could be the issue or what I could be doing wrong.
The problem that I am experiencing is that the objects in my viewfinder are drifting backwards. i.e. they are slowing disappearing off my screen on the lefthand side. There is no drift upwards or downwards that I can detect thought. The drift is slow enough to allow me to take a picture of up to around 4 seconds without the stars looking out of shape. But at 10sec or higher, the drift is quite clear.
Does anyone have an idea or suggestion for me to try?