SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Were can I mod my dslr 450d

Hi guys.

I'm wondering where I could have my 450d modded. Or is it easy to do it yrself? 

I've watched a few videos online but I'm not so sure I should be doing it myself (to heavy handed)

Is it actually needed to mod the camera .?

I've seen one person doing it and he wants over £200 which I wont pay as the camera only cost me £90 SH. 

Many thanks 

Steve

• Like 1

On 27/04/2020 at 21:07, Dinglem said:

I contemplated doing it myself but used https://cheapastrophotography.vpweb.co.uk/

I'm pleased I did the camera works perfectly and I'm getting much better results.

Hi there.i sent him an email a few days bk but had no response as yet.do you know if he is still doing the mods? I'm desperate for this mod asap. 

Many thanks 

11 hours ago, stevie1980 said:

Hi there.i sent him an email a few days bk but had no response as yet.do you know if he is still doing the mods? I'm desperate for this mod asap. 

Many thanks 

I must admit he was quite slow to respond to my enquiries but then I wasn't desperate to get mine done.

• Like 1

Hi

Remember that by the time you get it modified, there won't be any astro darkness, so best to get the hang of it now; many of the targets ATM don't benefit from modifying the camera anyway. 

Cheers

• Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 17:52, alacant said:

Hi

Remember that by the time you get it modified, there won't be any astro darkness, so best to get the hang of it now; many of the targets ATM don't benefit from modifying the camera anyway. 

Cheers

Omg.when will I have some good luck lol.  Oh well , at least it's out of the way and being sorted now. I'll just use my imaging camera for now n my s9. Anything as long as I'm not locked in the house watching my scope gather dust lol. 

• Like 1

im looking to get a modded dslr for my barn door mount, just got to decide to get a cheap dslr to mod or mod my 7d, its pretty good the modders can keep use of the daytime AF function now. good luck with your modded journey, i look forward to seeing your work Stevie 😛

• Like 1

Orion probably November and Andromeda a little earlier in the year (Aug/Sept). It's too low in the sky for me at the moment (May) when dark and so the longer days have put the kibosh on Andromeda.

Have a look for Bode's Galaxy instead. That is circumpolar and you can see it quite clearly.

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Like 2

Hi 

Yes he said that I will retain focus to I and also has the option to have a baadar filter fitted I'm assuming thsts to retain daytime photography. I've just had the filter removal was quite cheap compared to other sites I've looked on. Also bought a LP FILTER aswel to hopefully cut some of the street lighting out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Orion probably November and Andromeda a little earlier in the year (Aug/Sept). It's too low in the sky for me at the moment (May) when dark and so the longer days have put the kibosh on Andromeda.

Have a look for Bode's Galaxy instead. That is circumpolar and you can see it quite clearly.

Brill thankyou, as soon as I get my camera back I'll have a look. Hopefully get it back by friday..

Will I be able to see it with my s9?  I've heard of some fair to good results coming from a mobile phone and 30 x20 sec exps.?

My god I love this hobby.theres nothing that comes close imo

• Like 1

Oh +1 on Astromiser by the way. I had my 400D done by him and it works really well. Just have the IR cut filter removed not the whole lot as you might not be able to focus at all if you do the full spectrum mod.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TerryMcK said:

Oh +1 on Astromiser by the way. I had my 400D done by him and it works really well. Just have the IR cut filter removed not the whole lot as you might not be able to focus at all if you do the full spectrum mod.

Yes I originally sent cheapastrophotography a email and no reply after three days.so another kind fella on here gave me the link to astonomiser and he received my cam yesterday.

2 minutes ago, stevie1980 said:

Will I be able to see it with my s9?

Dunno. Possibly. I have an Iphone 11 and only use it for occasional low light night time shots, which it excels at, but not held it up to an eyepiece.

• Like 1

If you have LED street lights near you I really can vouch for the IDAS D2 filter (either clip in or 2"). Expensive yes but works extremely well. Cuts out old style sodium and mercury emission street lights as well. Also tungsten emissions and domestic LED emissions from private houses too.

Astrophotography is not cheap!

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Dunno. Possibly. I have an Iphone 11 and only use it for occasional low light night time shots, which it excels at, but not held it up to an eyepiece.

Yeah I had my adapter on scope last night with the s9 pushed up to a 25MM SP (standard that came with the scope)