SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sad day......

Skipper Billy

It's always a sad day when it all goes into a cupboard until late August but the last couple of weeks has been an unexpected bonus so I can't complain. It's in a coma and having a nice rest 😉 

This morning..... and this afternoon....

before.jpg

after.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6

My kit bought off this website last summer (HEQ5PRO ED80 DS PRO) is manoeuvred into the garden and brought in each session with much mud on the carpets.... Has stayed in the lounge by the patio doors Sept -now. Have just this afternoon taken it all apart and put in in the spare room upstairs... Some serious carpet cleaning tomorrow a.m. Dog wondering where to lie now it's gone!

Wife less impressed with me suggesting that the guitar(s) amp/kit comes down to occupy the space... may well cost me a significant amount of flowers/chocolate/cleaning/cooking.

• Haha 1

Seeing your setup reminded me of the days when I used to set up and take down a similar rig for every imaging session. I don’t think I could go back to that now, I’m glad these flight cases are staying empty.

Over the light nights period I’ll be changing the cameras over to the ‘widefield’ setup, ready for a (hopefully) 9 or 12(!) panel mosaic project on M31, it will take me 2 months to get the sensors aligned and take the calibration frames, and no doubt 6 months to acquire the data...

B3D62C26-C1AC-447E-8DE9-D6EF2842EC6C.jpeg

At 27° I just cant imagine it not getting dark at night.

My oldest SIL did a year in the Aleutian Islands while in the Coast Guard. Said it took quite a bit of adjusting, never really did get used to it.

I've stayed in Caithness in the north of Scotland over the summer solstice and it was quite strange - the boys played cricket on the sands (Dunnet Sands) at midnight - it was light enough.  We could see the sun shining on the cliffs of the Orkney Islands.  Something I shall never forget. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gina said:

I've stayed in Caithness in the north of Scotland over the summer solstice and it was quite strange - the boys played cricket on the sands (Dunnet Sands) at midnight - it was light enough.  We could see the sun shining on the cliffs of the Orkney Islands.  Something I shall never forget. 

According to clear outside, tonight is the last of the astronomical darkness till Aug 3rd Aug from my latitude 55north😕

On 03/05/2020 at 16:44, Astroscot2 said:

According to clear outside, tonight is the last of the astronomical darkness till Aug 3rd Aug from my latitude 55north😕

I have got a few days left (couple of degrees south of you), but not a great forecast. Still there is nautical dark and an opportunity to keep fiddling with alignment, focus etc; as well as the moon.

• Like 1