Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finderscope for my Celestron Starbright XLT

Hello There,

I was wondering if you could help me. I am currently making a setup but I would like to add a good finderscope onto my Celestron Starbright XLT scope. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Welsh Dave

20200425_204214.jpg

I have a Celestron 9.25 XLT. I use it for imaging. The finderscope is a red dot finderscope, which I use a lot, is simple and reliable, easy to set up. For guiding, there is a Skywatcher 9 x 50 finderscope which has had the eyepiece removed and replaced by a QHY5IIC camera. Again, nice and simple and 100% reliable.

The stub mount in the first photo looks like it is for the basic Celestron red-dot finder, supplied with some Celestron SCTs. If you buy another it will fit straight on and be adequate for setting up GoTo.  If you want something better, a Celestron straight or right angle finder should bolt straight on.  Other finders e.g. a Sky-watcher 9x50 RACI (a good choice) can be used if you can figure out what bracket/shoe to buy.

By the way, 'Starbright XLT' is the name of the optical coating, not the name of the telescope, which looks like a C8 SCT.

Edited by Cosmic Geoff